DAS Audio warrants the original owner against defects and workmanship for a period of two years for electronics parts from time of the original purchase, five years for speaker components and two years for enclosures and all others DAS Audio parts. All DAS Audio products are thoroughly checked and tested prior to packing and shipping, therefore it is the responsibility of the receiving party to inspect all goods upon arrival for evidence of damage and/or hidden damage due to mishandling by the inbound freight carrier.
The warranty does cover:
- all defects in material and workmanship.
The warranty does not cover:
- damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, product modification or neglect,
- damage caused by mechanical stress, impact or similar.
- damage occurred during shipment,
- damage resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in the instruction/user's manuals,
- claims caused by misrepresentations or misinterpretations by the seller or the owner,
- any DAS Audio product on which the serial number has been altered or removed.
- any sign or attempt to repair damaged parts.
Actions that the warranty does cover:
- Labor cost and material expenses for all factory repairs covered by the warranty.
- Return shipping charges.
Actions that the warranty does not cover:
- Inbound shipping charges.
- New packing and shipping cartons.
- DAS Audio replaces all used cartons before shipping.
- Unit replacement by a new one, unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer.
Before returning any equipment to the factory, you must explain your case to our Technical Support department filling out the Customer Support Form from our website (*) and, if you need to send the material to the factory, you will be given an RMA number (Return Materials Authorization). All materials returned to the factory must arrive with the freight prepaid, unless otherwise instructed.
If authorized to return materials, you must accompany the materials with:
- Mark the shipping cartons with our RMA number.
- Copy of the completed incidence questionnaire (web).
- Person's Contact name.
- Phone, fax or email.
- Return shipping address.
- The electronic parts must be returned to the factory for evaluation by our technical staff.
- Refer to page number 1 for Actions that the warranty does cover or does not cover.
- To optimize the transport cost, an option could be to return various damaged parts in a single delivery.
- The packaging is an important part of the product. Please, follow the instructions in the ANNEX.
- The manipulated electronics parts are not covered by the warranty.
- The non electronic parts or passive electronic parts can be evaluated by pictures, unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer.
- All failures not covered under warranty will be charged for repair and shipping.
In order to ensure safe transportation of your modules, please use an adequate shipment method. This is important as only products that have been handled and packed properly are covered by the warranty. Modules must always be packed in anti-ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) safe bags and separated from each other with shock absorbing material to avoid damage during shipping.
The following images give you examples of correct and incorrect packaging: