AKG C1000 S MK4 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone
In Stock and Ready To Ship
FREE Ground Shipping
Ideal Condenser for Studio and Mobile Use
Grab the updated AKG C1000 S MK4 and see what you've been missing. Sonido Live Sales Engineers have long recommended the C1000 S to project studio engineers and field recording specialists for years because of its clarity and versatility, and this updated version is more versatile than ever. Switchable capsule caps provide cardioid and hypercardioid polar pattern, plus an optional gain boost, while the addition of a switchable pad and highpass filter let you tailor the frequency response to a wide range of applications. You can power the C1000 S MK4 with a pair of AA batteries for up to 120 hours, making it a great companion for your mobile recording. What's more, the internally shockmounted capsule has been redesigned with gold-plating to resist rust and corrosion.
AKG C1000 S MK4 Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Great for mobile recording or live sound with phantom or battery power
- Cardioid pattern can be quickly switched to hypercardioid
- Switchable pad and highpass filter for added flexibility
Great for mobile recording or live sound with phantom or battery power
The versatility of the C1000 S MK4 makes this an extremely popular model, and one ideally suited for all kinds of recording and live sound applications. If no phantom power is available, the mic can be powered by two standard AA batteries, making it perfect for mobile use. With its new battery monitoring electronics, the C1000 S MK4 features a reliable LED warning light. The red LED above the microphone switch lights up when the C1000 S MK4's remaining battery life falls below 45 minutes. You'll never be caught with a useless mic in situations where phantom power is not available!
Cardioid pattern can be quickly switched to hypercardioid
Many of us here at Sonido Live have used C1000 S models since they first came out, and they're wonderful mics for acoustic guitar, percussion, and even certain types of vocals. One of the things that makes this mic particularly versatile is its switchable diaphragm cabs, which let you choose between cardioid and hypercardioid polar patterns, or add a presence boost. With the presence boost adapter in place, you get an extra 3-5dB of high-end enhancement between 5kHz and 9kHz, which can be a real asset if you're using your C1000 S MK4 for ENG or interview applications.
Switchable pad and highpass filter for added flexibility
One of the most surprising things about the C1000 S MK4 revision is the addition of both a highpass filter and a pad. While you won't find these controls on the outside of the mic, they're accessible via the battery compartment, where you can't accidentally switch the setting during run-and-gun recording. The highpass filter is set at 80Hz, which is perfect for cutting out handling noise (already mitigated by the internal spider shockmount) and proximity effect. That's particularly useful when you hand the mic to an inexperienced speaker for ENG applications. Likewise, there's a switchable -10dB pad onboard, which can save you from preamp overloads if you're recording loud drums or guitar cabinets.
AKG C1000 S MK4 Condenser Microphone Features:
- A highly versatile small-diaphragm condenser microphone for mobile and studio use
- Great for acoustic guitar and percussion as well as speech and vocals
- Runs on 2 AA batteries for up to 120 hours for mobile/ENG applications
- Internally shockmounted gold-plated capsule resists corrosion and handling noise
- Switchable diaphragm caps let you choose from cardioid or hypercardioid polar patterns
- Presence Boost cap lets you add a 3-5dB boost between 5-9kHz for speech clarity
- Cut proximity effect and handling noise with the internally switchable 80Hz highpass filter
- Prevent preamp overloading with the internally switchable -10dB pad
- Recessed on/off switch lets you quickly cut the mic when needed
- Also includes a foam windscreen, stand adapter, and carry bag
The AKG C1000 S MK4 condenser mic is great for studio and mobile recording!
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid, Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response:50Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:137dB
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:73dB
- Self Noise:21dB
- Low Cut Filter:80Hz
- Weight:0.71 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:3354X00010