In Stock and Ready To Ship
FREE Ground Shipping
Studio Star Reincarnated for the Modern Stage
The new AKG C636 Handheld Condenser Microphone is reborn from the legendary C535. It features a new form for today’s rigorous performance and stage requirements. The C636 is housed in a worry-free durable metal housing and features a state-of-the-art, multilayer pop noise rejection system that eliminates plosives, letting you focus on your vocal performance, not on the performance of your microphone. Add in the ambient-noise-rejecting cardioid polar pattern, and the AKG C636 is truly a stage-ready performance condenser microphone.
Transcendence for a legend
Although the classic C535 is discontinued, its essence lives on in the C636 master reference condenser microphone. With its manually tuned 24-karat gold-plated capsule generating a pure transparent tone, the C636 retains the spirit of the classic AKG C535 condenser microphone, while being updated to meet the demands of today’s top vocal performers.
Rugged body with innovative pop filter technology
You’ve never held a mic like the AKG C636 master reference condenser microphone; its durable zinc-alloy housing and spring steel grille conceal a proprietary double-shock suspension system providing unparalleled rejection of handling noise. Plus the C636's grille, the foam layer behind it, and a magnetically attached computer-modeled mesh layer on top of the capsule deliver a 1-2-3 knockout punch to any plosives that dare attempt entry.
Heroic cardioid pattern saves the day
Noisy stages present multiple challenges to the performer and sound pro — and feedback can be one of the toughest foes to conquer. The cardioid pickup pattern of the AKG C636 gives you victory over feedback with superior ambient noise rejection and powerful on-axis pickup. With the C636, your vocals will evade those troublesome sonic villains and make it safely home to your PA.
AKG C636 Handheld Condenser Microphone Features:
- Same transparent, pure tone of the legendary AKG C535 studio performance mic
- Manually tuned 24-karat gold-plated capsule can last through a lifetime of shows
- Rugged zinc-alloy housing and spring steel grille stand up to today's stage challenges
- World's first double-shock suspension system isolates the capsule from handling noise
- Triple-layer protection against plosives lets your audio pass through unimpeded
- Superior ambient noise rejection with the C636's cardioid polar pattern
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:150 dB SPL
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:74dB (A weighted)
- Color:Matte Black
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Weight:0.68 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:3439X00020