In Stock and Ready To Ship
FREE Ground Shipping
Unlike Any Headphones You've Heard Before
The AKG K812 reference headphones represent the absolute pinnacle of AKG's headphone technology, giving you the sonic transparency and critical details you need for mixing and mastering. Engineers at Sonido Live know that true reference headphones need to reveal every nuance of your mix, not just sound good. The AKG K812s give you an extremely wide frequency range and excellent transient response, and you can listen for hours without fatigue. Whenever you need an alternative reference to your studio monitor speakers, you can trust the AKG K812 reference headphones.
AKG K812 Open-back Reference Headphones at a Glance:
- You'll recognize the incredible quality before you even hear them
- Extended frequency response - yes, it does matter
- Outstanding transient response and detail from the extremely lightweight design
You'll recognize the incredible quality before you even hear them
AKG understands that virtually every component in your headphones affects the overall sound, from how well the earpads are sealed to the materials used for the voice coil. The K812 reference headphones have been designed from the ground up using top notch materials and construction methods, resulting in the most accurate and wide-ranging headphones AKG has ever produced. The first time you get them in your hands, you just know you're in for a special listening experience.
Extended frequency response - yes, it does matter
The AKG K812 reference headphones boast an amazingly wide frequency response, from just 5Hz all the way to 54kHz. We're often asked at Sonido Live why extended frequency response matters if it goes far beyond our hearing limits. Any speaker or headphone acts like a filter, and it becomes more difficult for the speakers to accurately reproduce frequencies at the extremes of the range - the likelihood of roll-off and distortion increases when you get towards the high- and low-frequency limits. With the extremes of the frequency range lying far outside the audible spectrum, the AKG K812 headphones have no issues giving you ultra-flat, accurate response within the audible range.
Outstanding transient response and detail from the extremely lightweight design
The ultra-lightweight, two-layer aluminum voice coils in the K812 reference headphones give you the superior transient response you need for critical listening tasks. Subtle complexities like brushes on a snare drum or breath noise from a woodwind player are revealed to you just as they appear in your mix.
AKG K812 Open-back Reference Headphones Features:
- Incredibly accurate and precise headphones for mixing, mastering, and critical listening
- Outstanding stereo imaging and frequency response from the most powerful magnet system on the market
- Rich, powerful sound from large 53mm drivers
- Fast, precise transient details from the lightweight, 2-layer voice coil
- Accurate sound even when driven hard, thanks to the airflow dome that controls membrane movement
You can mix with confidence on headphones with the AKG K812s!
- Fit Style:Circumaural (Around the Ear)
- Driver Size:53mm
- Frequency Response:5Hz-54kHz
- Impedance:36 ohms
- Replaceable Cable:Yes
- Cable Length:9.8'
- Plug Size:1/8" (1/4" Adapter Included)
- Weight:0.86 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:3458Z00010