FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Upgrade
Since its original release in 2009, FabFilter Pro-Q has become the trusted workhorse EQ plug-in for many engineers and producers around the world, widely praised for its superb workflow, excellent sound quality and extensive feature set. With version 3, FabFilter is bringing Pro-Q to a new level, introducing features like dynamic EQ, surround support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2, per-band mid/side processing, and much more. FabFilter Pro-Q 3 gives you the highest possible sound quality, a complete feature set, and a gorgeous, intelligent interface that is designed to help you get 'that' sound quickly and easily.
Of course, all the goodness of the Pro-Q 2 is still here: highest possible sound quality, Natural and Linear Phase processing, universal slope support for all EQ shapes, EQ match, a gorgeous, resizeable interface with full screen mode for easy and precise editing, up to 24 EQ bands, intelligent band solo mode, stereo or mid/side processing, intelligent multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease and efficiency, spectrum grab, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, double-click text entry of parameter values, different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing, Pro Tools hardware control surfaces support, MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B comparison, and an extensive help file with interactive help hints.
Mixing and mastering features
Pro-Q 3 offers everything that a demanding engineer could wish for: top-quality linear phase operation in addition to the zero latency and unique Natural Phase modes, smooth dynamic EQ, per-band mid/side processing, full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2), an intelligent solo feature, optional Auto Gain and a built-in, fully customizable spectrum analyzer.
Effortlessly sculpt your sound
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is designed to help you achieve your sound in the quickest way possible. Via the large interactive EQ display, you can create bands where you need them, enable dynamic EQ for any band, and select and edit multiple bands at once. Unique features like Spectrum Grab, Full-Screen mode and EQ Match will speed up your workflow even more.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate automation, advanced optimization and much more.
FeaturesNew in Pro-Q 3
- Optional Dynamic EQ mode for all bands using any slope setting and with perfect analog matching
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing
- Full surround support (up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2) with intelligent speaker selection
- External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance, including collision detection
- Per-band mid/side or left/right processing, so you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately
- Flat Tilt filter shape, a flat tilting correction curve over the whole audible frequency spectrum
- Ultra-steep 'Brickwall' slope setting for LP and HP filters
- Improved filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf, Flat Tilt
- Improved EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another Pro-Q 3 instance or an external signal
- Improved spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away