Ludwig Club Date 3-Piece Downbeat Shell Pack with 20 in. Bass Drum Blue Strata
The Club Date model was introduced in 1948 and went on as a popular configuration into the '70s. It has been one of the most reliable and most used setups by drummers over many generations.
Ludwig’s Club Date gets back to the basics—featuring a unique shell layup of 2-ply maple outer, 3-ply poplar core, 2-ply maple inner. Complimented by a fully rounded bearing edge, these shells are designed specifically for to accentuate a full-bodied low-end combined with soft highs, and subtle mids. Club Date also features Flat Imperial Lugs, 2.3 mm steel triple flanged hoops and a variety of classic Ludwig finishes- all in a price range that puts it well within the range of working drummers who want that same reliable presence night after night.
The “Downbeat” outfit is your foundation with a 20 x 14 in. bass drum, 12 x 8 in. tom and 14 x 14 in. floor tom. Add your favorite Ludwig snare and you’re all set.
Proudly handcrafted in Monroe, NC, U.S.A.
- Shell design of 2-ply maple outer, 3-ply poplar core, 2-ply maple inner
- Fully rounded bearing edge
- Full-bodied low-end combined with soft highs and subtle mids
- Flat Imperial Lugs
- 2.3 mm steel triple flanged hoops
- Bass drum(s): 20 x 14 in.
- Tom(s): 12 x 8 in.
- Floor tom(s): 14 x 14 in.
- Snare: Not Applicable
- Total pieces: 3
- Shell material: Maple/poplar
- Construction: 7-Ply
- Thickness (mm): 7 mm
- Bearing edge: Rounded
- Reinforcement ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Not applicable
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Patented
- Heads: Branded
- Finish type: Multiple
- Country of origin: United States