Mojotone "56 Quiet Coil" P-90 Soapbar Pickup Set
Mojotone “Quiet Coil” P-90 pickups are one of the finest hum-cancelling pickups ever made, giving you all of the response and dynamics of a true single coil without the hum. You never have to compensate your tone for hum-cancelling pickups again.
Vintage P-90's from the '50s were very special because of their vocal and dynamic qualities, with bold highs that breathe with clarity. The only problem was the 60-cycle hum and for today's player, 60-cycle hum can be unbearable at times. Mojotone's patent applied for '56 Quiet Coil hum-cancelling P-90 delivers all of that vintage goodness of a coveted 1956 P-90 without ever compromising tone or feel.
(Set of 2) ‘56 Quiet Coil P-90 Soapbar neck and bridge pickups
Black soapbar cover
Handmade in the USA
Neck: (Equivalent to single coil with approx 8k DCR)
Bridge: (Equivalent to single coil with approx 8.7k DCR)
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage P-90 pickup
- Vintage braided cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs
- No PC boards, batteries, or stacked coils are used like other hum-cancelling designs
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage P-90 pickup, they are SIMPLE