Neumann DMI-8 Digital Microphone Interface
✅ In Stock and Ready To Ship
✅ FREE Ground Shipping
Eight Channels of Awesome AES 24 - AES/EBU Conversion!
The DMI-8 is the ideal solution for anyone with multiple AES 24-2001 formatted digital microphones such at Neumann's Solution-Ds. The DMI-8 gives you eight channels of the world-class digital conversion introduced with the DMI-2 and includes all of the DMI-2's features while adding a whole new set of powerful functions and output options. Take full advantage of all of the capabilities of your AES 24-2001 digital format microphones giving you the ability to power and control the polar patterns of your microphones remotely while encoding embedded data within their signals — all from one centrally located DMI-8!
The DMI-8 also provides you with the freedom from sample rate converter by digitally locking the each of its channels together internally via AES42, Mode 2. Mode 2 is a frequency/phase comparison between both the recorded word clock and the word clock embedded in the microphones signal, which keeps each of the microphones aligned with one another. But when it comes to external synchronization, the DMI-8 has all of the right options. AES 11 synchronization and word clock are evadable, and you can also set the DMI-8's exceptional timing engine as the clock as the maser.
The DMI-8 system is ready to work with any complete system. It's powerful clock easily supports every major sample rate from 44.1 kHz - 192,kHz, making it compatible across a wide spectrum of equipment. Set up is quick and easy. A dedicated level meter and gain control on the DMI-8's front panel make computerless operation possible — although programming your microphones from your computer is simple and allows you to store and recall all parameters instantly. You also get plenty of output options, including ADAT optical and both Yamaha and TASCAM d-sub 25-pin formats. Its open architecture allows for the possibility of connection to multi-channel networks like EtherSound and MADI, as well as the built-in capability to cascade up to 128 channels keep the DMI-8 ready for future developments.
Neumann DMI-8 8-channel AES 24-2001 - AES/EBU Conversion Unit Features:
- AES 42 to EBU conversion
- Powering, remote control and synchronization of microphones without a sample rate converter
- Automatic word clock or AES 11 synchronization
- All sample rates, from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Complete control and storage of the settings via Mac or PC
- The capability of cascading up to 128 channels
- Level meter and gain setting on the front panel, operable even without a computer
- D-sub 25 outputs with TASCAM and Yamaha® pin assignments
- Optical ADAT interface
- Open architecture for later connection to other multi-channel interfaces.
- Compatible with any microphones that comply with the jointly established AES 42 standard.
Expand the capabilities of your digital microphone rig with Neumann's DMI-8!
- Sample Rate:44.1kHz-192kHz supported
- Digital Inputs:8 x XLR (AES42)
- Digital Outputs:1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 2 x DB-25 (Tascam, Yamaha)
- Clock Inputs:1 x BNC
- Clock Outputs:1 x BNC
- Other I/O:1 x RJ45 (GN), 2 x RJ45 (CTL Bus), 1 x DB-9 (user port)
- Rack Spaces:2U
- Weight:6.1 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:USDMI8