Roland S-2416 24x16 Stage Unit
✅ In Stock and Ready To Ship
✅ FREE Ground Shipping
High-quality 32-channel Digital Snake
The Roland S-2416 digital snake stage unit is a lifesaver. It transfers 32 channels of high-quality audio over a long distance using a single lightweight cable. That means that with an S-2416 system, you don't have signal degradation issues over long cable runs, and cable pull-through in fixed installations is a snap. Cascade additional snakes for expanded I/O using the S-2416's two REAC ports, or create a fully redundant, zero-loss backup solution. And you'll enjoy high-quality, uncolored sound, courtesy of the S-2416's 24 high-grade, discrete mic preamps. Sporting 24-bit/96kHz converters and word clock I/O, the Roland S-2416 is a great-sounding digital snake!
Roland S-2416 Digital Snake Stage Unit at a Glance:
- 32 inputs and 24 outputs provide a gold mine of I/O
- REAC connectors yield expanded I/O and redundant transmission
- 96kHz sampling rate and word clock I/O deliver top-notch sound
32 inputs and 24 outputs provide a gold mine of I/O
The Roland S-2416's chassis houses 24 analog inputs and 16 analog outputs. Its 24 analog inputs boast excellent transparent-sounding mic pres. Each input features a 3-color light that communicates the status of phantom power, clipping, and signal presence. AES/EBU ports on the S-2416's rear panel provide you with eight channels of digital I/O, supplying a total of 32 inputs and 24 outputs. Many Sonido Live Engineers recommend Neutrik connectors for the road-worthiness you need in demanding environments.
REAC ports yield expanded I/O and redundant transmission
The Roland S-2416 is loaded with a pair of REAC ports. One port enables a cascade connection for additional digital snakes, expanding the S-2416's I/O up to 40 x 40 channels. The second port equips the S-2416 with a redundant transmission. If something goes wrong with the main line, the S-2416 automatically switches to the backup without interruption. This built-in backup, along with the S-2416's durable Neutrik Ethercon connectors, assure peace of mind in any environment.
96kHz sampling rate and word clock I/O deliver top-notch sound
With 24-bit/96kHz converters, the Roland S-2416 exhibits excellent sound. Thanks to its word clock output, the S-2416 can function as a master clock utilizing 96kHz, 48kHz, or 44.1kHz sample rates. You can also employ the S-2416's word clock input to synchronize it to an external digital clock at a bit depth of up to 24 bits and a sample rate of up to 96kHz.
Roland S-2416 Digital Snake Stage Unit Features:
- 32 x 24 digital snake with 24 x 16 analog I/O and 8 x 8 digital I/O (AES/EBU)
- Transfers 32 channels of audio over a long distance using a single cable
- 24-bit/96kHz converters deliver top-notch sound
- 24 analog inputs boast excellent transparent-sounding mic preamps
- Inputs feature phantom power, clipping, and signal presence indicator
- 2 REAC ports for expanded I/O and fully redundant, zero-loss backup
- Word clock I/O for synchronizing with external digital gear
- Remote control with V-Mixer console, R-1000, S-4000R dedicated remote unit, and S-4000 RCS via USB (Mac/PC)
- Durable Neutrik connectors
The Roland S-2416 is a great-sounding digital snake!
- Channels:32 total; 24 x 16 analog channels, 8 x 8 digital (AES/EBU)
- Manufacturer Part Number:S-2416