RSS Remote Controlled Digital Snake Stage Unit
The RSS S-4000 System digital snake solves two age-old problems of live sound and fixed installations at once: it allows you to transfer 40 channels of high-quality audio over an extremely long distance on a single lightweight cable. That means that with an S-4000 System, you don't have signal degradation issues over long cable runs and cable "pull-through" in fixed installations is a snap. As an added bonus, you can easily expand your setup with the Modular design for flexible configuration options of the RSS S-4000 System. The main components of the RSS S-4000 System digital snake are: S-4000S 40-cH I/O Modular Rack; S-4000H 32x8 FOH Unit; and S-4000R Remote Controller
S-4000S 40-channel I/O Modular Rack The S-4000S is the stage connection interface for the S-4000 System. Its modular design supports 40 channels of audio input and output (I/O). As standard, it comes in a 32x8 configuration-32 audio inputs and 8 audio outputs. The "modular" aspect of the S-4000S is in its connectivity. The unit's chassis provides 12 slots for various RSS modules.
The standard 32x8 configuration includes: - Eight SI-AD4 Input Modules-Each SI-AD4 contains four balanced audio inputs with variable gain preamps, phantom power, and pad. Additionally, each input is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz A/D converter. Two SO-DA4 Output Modules-Each SO-DA4 contains four balanced line level audio outputs. Additionally, each output is equipped with a 24-bit/96kHz D/A converter. - One S-REAC2 Module-This module provides two REAC connection ports-one for the main REAC connection, the other for a redundant backup. - One S-BP Blank Panel-This panel covers the final unused module slot. An optional RSS module can be installed here.RSS S-4000S 40 CH I/O Modular Rack Features:
- Modular "stage box" with 32 inputs and 8 outputs on XLR connectors.
- All new, precision-designed XR-1 preamps with massive headroom and clean, warm sound (gain range from -65 to +10 dBu typical, +28 dBu maximum input level).
- Audio signal and system status indicators.
- Two REAC ports (one primary, one redundant).
- RS-232C interface for S-4000R Remote Controller or computer control.
- MUTE ALL OUTPUTS button for noise-free connection of audio sources.
- Connection port for optional redundant power supply.
RSS S-4000 System 32 x 8 Features:
- 40 channels of 24bit 96kHz audio over one Cat 5e cable
- 80 channels over two Cat 5e cables.
- Unlimited, lossless input splits using standard, inexpensive Ethernet hardware.
- New, precision designed VM-50 preamps with superb headroom and audio characteristics.
- Remote control for the smooth, zipper-free control of preamp gain, individual phantom power, and -20db pad.
- Free Mac/PC software for additional control via RS-232
- Preset memories of preamp settings for fast setup and stage changes
- Redundant Cat 5e port for main audio cable redundancy
- Redundant power supply option for complete system reliability
- Very low protocol latency @ 375 microseconds (that's .0375 seconds!)
- Total System latency typically 1 millisecond
- Modular design for flexible configuration options and future expandability