Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite
A secret weapon to some—a hidden treasure to the rest. Squash drums, get a snappy bassline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key or de-ess. The Valley People Dyna-mite is a Swiss army knife limiter/expander design with unique character that inspires to new sounds.
The Dyna-mite's usefulness goes way beyond the snappy and aggressive compression it is mostly known and loved for. True enough, used as a compressor it can make you blink involuntarily at every drum hit you send through it. But it can also be used as a highly versatile expander or a full on gate. Even in this day and age of digital recording with all its editing possibilities, a nice expander is still a very useful tool, for example to control microphone bleed in a natural manner. And a good gate still saves tons of time from editing. The gate can of course also be keyed from an external side-chain, which gives a lot of interesting possibilities.
The Valley People Dyna-mite features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode and on top of that, two side-chain modes that let you duck or follow a track. Any way you use it, the Dyna-mite has a very special vibe and flavor. Nowadays, the Dyna-mite has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a unique way.
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes)
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain (where available)
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting
- Built-in interactive guide that displays current settings and active mode