Toontrack New York Studios SDX Bundle
This collection comes with the full core sound library from the now discontinued Superior Drummer 2 as well as two SDX expansions from the same series, the New York Vol 2 and Vol 3 SDXs. The focus of the series has been to capture the most notable and legendary drum rooms in the New York area: Allaire Studios, Avatar Studios and The Hit Factory. Having housed acts like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Journey, Kings of Leon, The Clash, Stevie Wonder, U2, Paul Simon and Michael Jackson over the past several decades, all three studios have left vivid footprints in modern pop and rock history.
Sadly, two of these landmark facilities have since closed. In that respect, these drum libraries are historical documents of their unique sonic identity. All sounds were recorded by Grammy Award-winning engineer Neil Dorfsman (Dire Straits, Bruce Springsteen) together with Pat Thrall (Katy Perry, Beyoncé) as well as in-demand session drummer Nir Z (Genesis, Chris Cornell). In total, you get approximately 50 GB of raw, unprocessed drum sounds captured in meticulous detail in three essentially different drum rooms, each with their own distinguishable characteristics. This collection is the perfect palette to use when crafting drum tones for anything from loud and reverberant to soft and intimate – something only perfectly crafted drum rooms can facilitate. Combined with the abundance of sound shaping and sound design tools available in Superior Drummer 3, this collection of drums offers a near endless palette of drums to shape into your mixes.
- Three world-renowned and classic New York studios
- Approx. 50 GB of unprocessed drum sounds recorded through the best of modern and vintage equipment
- 6 complete kits, 26 snares & 14 kicks in total
- A large amount of cymbals
- Produced/sampled by Grammy award-winning engineer Neil Dorfsman
- Optional tools available (brushes, mallets, rods)
- New graphics and presets optimized for Superior Drummer 3